Historical Thinking and Skills
1. Time can be measured
2. Personal history can be shared through stories and pictures
3. Heritage is reflected through the arts, customs, traditions, family celebrations and language.
4. Nations are represented by symbols and practices. Symbols and practices of the United States include the American flag, Pledge of Allegiance and the National Anthem.
Spatial Thinking and Skills
8. Individuals are unique but share common characteristics of multiple groups.
Civic Participation and Skills
9. Individuals have shared responsibilities toward the achievement of common goals in homes, schools and communities.
Rules and Laws
10. The purpose of rules and authority figures is to provide order, security and safety in the home, school and community.