Historical Thinking and Skills
1. Time can be divided into categories (e.g., months of the year, past, present and future).
2. Photographs, letters, artifacts and books can be used to learn about the past.
3. The way basic human needs are met has changed over time.
Spatial Thinking and Skills
Places and Regions
6. Families interact with the physical environment differently in different times and places.
7. Diverse cultural practices address basic human needs in various ways and many change over time.
Civic Participation and Skills
8. Individuals are accountable for their actions.
Rules and Laws
10. Rules exist in different settings. The principals of fairness should guide rules and consequences for breaking rules.
11. Wants are unlimited and resources are limited. Therefore, people make choices because they cannot have everything they want.
Production and Consumption
12. People produce and consume goods and services in the community.